Celebrating Lzzy Hale’s Birthday this week, I thought I’d share some of my top moments with you!
- On June 12, 2009, I had had the proud pleasure of bringing Lzzy and her band for the 1st time on stage at the I-Rock Nightclub in Detroit.
- 2017 Rifffest line up 2017 lineup was incredible with Rob Zombie, Lzzy and Halestorm, Five Finger Death Punch, and Pop Evil. Kicking off the main stage was Greta Van Fleet, which at the time was coming into their own as a rock star. One that surprised me was our secondary stage, where I got to see Chris Jericho and his band Fozzy perform live for the first time. Some of our second-stage bands have gone on to great success, including another local band making waves, Eva Under Fire. Last year, my favorite was Mac Saturn.
- Thanks to WRIF’s Jade Springart, in 2017, Jade recorded a message from Lzzy herself and the band wishing me a happy birthday on September 29, 2017. It was also National Coffee Day!
- In April of this year, Meltdown’s Talking Rock Podcast had Lzzy talk about how fans are picking the songs on the tour and her thoughts on the Late Taylor Hawkins
- Getting a guitar Pic from Lzzy herself .
Halestorm: Their 20 Best Songs, Ranked
Born in Mt Clemens, Screamin has been a part of the Detroit airwaves for over 29 years with 26 at WRIF and 3 years as a morning show host at Z-Rock. When he’s not out on the streets, you can find him in his game room, where he collects jukeboxes and classic pinball machines. Screamin also devotes time doing local charities with his, "Screamin Angels"; and for 15 years with Rock 4 Tots charity. “CHIT” is his local cover band for 10 years all over the Motor City in local bars and has graced the main stage at local festivals like Arts, Beats & Eats warming up for national acts like Cheap Trick, Guess Who & even Salt & Peppa. Screamin’ is the lead singer and also plays cowbell & lead triangle