The holidays are here, and I admit that I’m pretty cheesy when it comes to holiday stuff. This time of year usually puts me in a good mood. After all, it’s Christmas. We get candy, gifts, Santa, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, baby Jesus, bright lights- what more could one want?
I also enjoy baking around the holidays, and I like to make up my own recipes. Here’s a super easy recipe for Apple Pie Cake that I recently created that literally anyone can do perfectly! If you’re stressed about having an impressive dish for Christmas dessert, this tastes great and almost homemade- and with just three ingredients!
Christmas Dessert Lifesaver: Super Easy Apple Pie Cake
1 can (20 ounces) apple pie filling
1/2 package yellow cake mix (15.25 ounce package, divided in half)
1/4 cup salted butter
Vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Scoop the apple pie filling into a 8-inch by 8-inch pan, 9-inch by 9-inch pan or regular sized pie pan.
2. Take the 1/2 package yellow cake mix and sprinkle over the top of the apple pie filling.
3. Slice the butter into thin slices and place evenly on top of the cake mix.
4. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top is light golden brown and the apples are bubbling up.
5. Spoon mixture into serving bowls or cups and top with vanilla ice cream. So sweet and delicious!
Note: You can easily double the recipe for a larger batch! Just use a 13″ by 9″ pan, if you double it!