HellYeah has found thier drummer moving forward, and it’s none other than Stone Sour drummer, Roy Mayorga. Notice I didn’t say “filling the shoes” of the late Vinnie Paul. Chad Gray and Roy both said that filling VP’s shoes os not an option. The topics were many including….
* His nickname The Spiller
*Stone Sour and the past couple years
* Other projects he is working on
* How he was approached to join the band
* The first time met Vinnie Paul
* Honoring VP
* Challenges of playing Vinnie’s parts
* He actually changed his set-up on drums
* A great Vinnie story about “Becoming”
* Parties on Vinnie’s bus
* Playing live with the band
* Playing the first Vegas show
Al Beck and Steve Black join me for today’s rock news. I guess our interview with Slash from yesterday made some news…..maybe a lot of news. We discuss that along with re-releases from Megadeth, Papa Roach news for next year, the Elton John bio-pic and more.
Thank you so much for listening! If you like this podcast, leave a 5 star rating, write a review and share it with your friends. Thank You!