It’s time for Pitchers, Catchers
AND VIBs to REPORT for Spring Training!
This is your shot to warm up now for summer as you will have the shot to join Dave & Chuck The Freak in Lakeland Florida for Spring Training!
LISTEN FOR YOUR
Starting January 13 until be listening each day for your shot to win tickets to see The Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park during the upcoming 2020 Season, courtesy of Comerica Bank.
PLUS, YOU COULD WIN
If you win your tickets to the ballpark for this season, you will also be qualified for the Grand Prize….you will grabbing a flight to Florida on February 29 to join Dave and Chuck The Freak in Lakeland Florida for a couple nights and check see The Tigers take on The Yankees for Spring Training! Each week one grand prize winner will be selected to join the guys in Florida!
Central Florida’s Polk County is the epicenter of Florida fun.
Experience adventure around every corner. From kid-friendly attractions to outdoor recreation to architectural wonders, there is something for everyone.
Packed with fun LEGOLAND® Florida is the largest interactive LEGOLAND® park in the world, located in Winter Haven. Featuring more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, restaurants, shopping, a breathtaking botanical garden and a water park.
Among the rolling hills in Lake Wales, enjoy unparalleled historic beauty and serenity at Bok Tower Gardens. Experience the splendor as you tour the lush landscapes of the Olmsted gardens and hear the music of the Singing Tower carillon.
Winter Haven’s Chain of Lakes is a series of 26 lakes connected by an intricate canal system. Lakes for fishing, paddling, boating and outdoor recreation make it easy to spend a day or two on the water during your Central Florida vacation.
101 WRIF’s “Spring Training With Dave & Chuck The Freak” Contest
These rules apply to WRIF’s “Spring Training With Dave & Chuck The Freak” Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a 101 WRIF (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.wrif.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on January 13, 2020 and end on January 31, 2020.
- To participate in the Contest, listen to the Station weekdays (Monday through Friday) beginning on January 13, 2020 and ending on January 31, 2020 between the hours of 6:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and 10:00pm ET for the announcement of the cue to call. Upon hearing the cue to call, the designated number caller (as announced on-air at the time of the cue to call) to the Station contest line at (248) 544-WRIF (9743) will win a Qualifying Prize and be qualified for a chance to win the Grand Prize (each deemed a “Qualifier”), upon confirmation of eligibility. Station is not responsible for any failure of a caller to reach the Station contest line including but not limited to busy phone lines, misdirected calls, equipment breakdowns, or disconnections. Calls will only be accepted at the designated phone number. At the time of entrant’s call, entrant will be required to provide all information requested including entrant’s full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth in order to be eligible to win. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. In the event that the selected caller is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller who successfully makes it through on the call-in line and completes the call will be a Qualifier. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in to win, but a listener may be a Qualifier only once.
- There will be up to a total of fifteen (15) Qualifying Prize winners and three (3) Grand Prize winners selected in the Contest. An entrant may only be a Qualifier once.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in the Detroit Metro Area, consisting of the following Michigan counties: Lenawee, Monroe, Wayne, Washtenaw, Jackson, Hillsdale, Ingham, Livingston, Oakland, Macomb, St. Clair, Lapeer, Genesee, and Shiawassee; and the following Ohio Counties: Lucas, Fulton, and Williams, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Up to fifteen (15) Qualifying Prizes will be awarded. Each Qualifying Prize consists of two (2) tickets (valid for winner and one (1) guest) to a Detroit Tigers Game at Comerica Park in Detroit, MI during the 2020 regular season (exact game date to be determined). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Qualifying Prize is $90.
The winner(s) will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the prize(s). The prize(s) is awarded as is. Tickets valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets. Tickets are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will tickets be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets may not be sold to a third party. If a prize-related event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond control of the Station and/or prize provider, their sole responsibility to the winner(s) will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize(s) and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded element(s) of the prize(s). The Station and/or venue, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to deny entry to or to remove the winner(s) and/or guest(s) if either engages in disruptive behavior or in a manner with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the prize-related event.
- Up to three (3) Grand Prizes will be awarded. Each Grand Prize consists of a trip for two (2) (winner and one (1) guest, 21 or older) to Lakeland, FL from February 28 to March 1, 2020. The Grand Prize trip includes: (i) round-trip economy airfare between a Detroit area airport and a Tampa/Orlando area airport departing on February 28, 2020 and returning on March 1, 2020; (ii) two (2) nights’ accommodations (one standard room, double-occupancy) in the Lakeland area; (iii) two (2) tickets for The Detroit Tigers Spring Training game in Lakeland on February 29, 2020. ARV of each Grand Prize is $1,500.
Actual value may vary and any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Certain travel restrictions may apply. All other costs not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to those of, taxes, meals, tips and additional ground transportation, baggage fees, hotel room service, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, and local and long distance telephone calls are the responsibility of the winner. Selection of airline, hotel, and airline seat location at sole discretion of Station and/or prize provider. Airline regulations apply. Winner and guest must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age. The winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents, including, without limitation, passports for international travel. If applicable, the winner may be required to present a valid credit card upon hotel check in to cover any incidental expenses incurred during the winner’s stay. Winner and guest must abide by all airline, hotel, and venue policies. The winner and guest must sign all required releases prior to booking of any travel. If winner is unwilling or unable to travel on the dates specified, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Station’s sole discretion. All travel is subject to availability and restrictions. If a prize-related event or travel is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Station and prize provider, their sole responsibility to the winner will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize(s) and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the prize(s). No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. If winner chooses to take the trip without a guest, s/he will be awarded the prize elements for one person only, and the remainder of the prize will be forfeited without compensation. Winner understands that there are inherent risks involved in travel and that these risks may be present before, during and after the trip.
- Prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at One Radio Plaza, Ferndale, MI 48220, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Qualifying Prizes must be claimed within thirty (30) days of notification of prize being ready for pick up. Grand Prize must be claimed within twenty-four (24) hours of notification of confirmed eligibility and winning the prize. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to fifteen (15) Qualifiers will be selected on-air and notified as described above.
- Up to three (3) Grand Prize winner will be selected as follows:
Up to one (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected at approximately 12:00pm ET in a Station-conducted random drawing from all on-air Qualifiers selected the immediately prior week (Monday-Friday) on the following dates: January 20, 2020, January 27, 2020, and February 3, 2020. Non-selected Qualifiers will not automatically rollover into any subsequent Grand Prize drawing.
Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone and/or email promptly following the random drawing.
- Odds of winning a Qualifying Prize on-air depend upon the number and order of calls received. Odds of a Qualifying Prize winner winning a Grand Prize are up to 1 in 5.
- On-air entrants must listen to the Station to win a Qualifying Prize but do not need to be present to enter or win a Qualifying Prize. The Qualifying Prize winners do not need to listen to the Station or be present to win a Grand Prize.
- Grand Prize winners must confirm acceptance of prize within twenty-four (24) hours of notification of confirmed eligibility, or risk disqualification and selection of an alternate Grand Prize winner (time permitting) in a random drawing of all remaining weekly Qualifiers. In the case all weekly Qualifiers forfeit their respective Grand Prize, the Station reserves the right to select an alternate Grand Prize winner in a random drawing of remaining Qualifiers from other weeks in the Contest.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.wrif.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, One Radio Plaza, Ferndale, MI 48220, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.