(Photo by Sean Gallup/Getty Images)

Tree supplies are looking good, but expect prices to be way up this year. It’s always smart to get to the tree farm early and tag or reserve your tree, if they allow it.

Many tree farms allow tagging starting in mid-November. In 2021, an estimated 94 million households displayed a Christmas tree and this year is predicted to be a similar amount. 15% had a live tree, while the remaining 85% displayed an artificial tree. Last year, supply-chain disruptions and global inflation affected the supply and prices of Christmas trees this year, both artificial and real ones.

In the “Screamin’ Scott” household, we always have a real tree every year. Something about the smell of a real tree just sets the mood for the Christmas Holidays. With a real tree comes responsibility like watering the tree and dealing with millions of needles but it’s worth it. I always wait till after Thanksgiving to shop for a real tree. It’s looking like I might have to take out a second mortgage to get a tree this year. Last year, I paid 50 dollars. I wonder what I will be paying this year. So, I buy a real tree for Christmas- change my mind.

Christmas trees are about to get a lot more expensive

If you're planning on buying a Christmas tree this year, start thinking about it now - and maybe put some money aside. Supply-chain disruptions and global inflation have affected the supply and prices of Christmas trees this year, both artificial and real ones, industry experts said.

 

Born in Mt Clemens, Screamin has been rockin' the Riff airwaves for 25 years. When he's not out rockin' the streets, you can find him in his rock room, where he collects jukeboxes and classic pinball machines. Screamin also has his very own Rock cover band called " Chit" playing all over the Metro Detroit Music scene