Screamin’ here. I thought I would do a totally unscientific poll asking my friends and workers at local music stores in the area to give me a list of songs that employees of music stores don’t want you to play in the store. See if you agree with the list or have any songs to add on to the list!
1. “Stairway to Heaven,” Led Zeppelin. No argument on this one.
2. Tie for Second place. Lynyrd Skynyrd comes in at number two, but with a tie between “Freebird” and “Sweet Home Alabama.”
3. “Smoke on the Water,” Deep Purple
4. “Seven Nation Army,” White Stripes
5. “Sweet Child of Mine,” Guns n’ roses
6. “Smells Like Teen Spirit,” Nirvana
7. “Wonderwall,” Oasis
8. “Highway to Hell,” AC DC
9. “Iron Man,” Black Sabbath
10. “Walk This Way,” Aerosmith
Again, this is a truly unscientific poll gathered from a few friends that work at Guitar Center and local guitarists in the Metro Detroit area that I call friends. Remember to get out and support hometown local rock and roll! And if you got a song, don’t forget to submit it to Motor City Riffs at the email firstname.lastname@example.org!