- Judas Priest is celebrating their 50th Anniversary with a North American Tour that will hit the Fox Theatre September 23rd. Priest fans, what songs do you hope to hear live on this tour? Text me at 4WRIF. Keep it tuned to the Riff for your chance to win Priest tix and check this link for more info on the show! https://wrif.com/event/judas-priest-50-heavy-metal-years-tour/
- Pakistan is dealing with massive swarms of crop-destroying locusts. Their solution is an army of ducks. China is sending 100,000 ducks to Pakistan to combat the swarms. They say each duck can eat up to 200 locusts a day and are safer and more effective than pesticides. What do you think? Will this work? Text a brother at 4WRIF.
- Motley Crue guitarist Mick Mars has been working on his first ever solo album and says it’s “almost done” and could be out by summer. I always considered Mick to be the George Harrison of Motley. He’s not the most popular guy in the band but he’s pretty important. Are you looking forward to hearing Mick’s album? Text me at 4WRIF.
- Coca-Cola says the Coronavirus could cause shortages of Diet Coke. Some of the drink’s ingredients are exported from China which is of course groud zero for the deadly virus. Diet Coke fans took to Twitter saying things like, “The Coronavirus can just take me if Diet Coke is going to be in short supply”. How would you feel about a shortage of your favorite beverage? Text me at 4WRIF.
- Ozzy Osbourne has launched a new 8-bit video game called Legend Of Ozzy that you can play online. In the game, you play as a 2-D, winged Ozzy collecting blood to survive while avoiding wolves, devils and evil eyes. Ozzy’s new album, “Ordinary Man”, serves as the soundtrack for the game, which can be found at https://legendofozzy.com/. What rock band themed games are among your favs? Text me at 4WRIF. I was always partial to Kiss Pinball on the original Playstation!
- Someone stole a hearse from a funeral home in California that had a casket and a dead woman inside! He was arrested after crashing the hearse following a high speed chase with police. WTF?? Check out the full story at this link https://wrif.com/2020/02/28/someone-stole-a-hearse-with-a-body-inside-and-crashed-in-a-high-speed-police-chase/.
- David Lee Roth responded to criticism about his voice during live performances. Videos of Dave’s concerts at his recent Las Vegas residency were tough to listen to. The Van Halen frontman said, “I’ve never had any delusions about my voice. It sounds like four miles of flat road with knobby tires.” Diamond Dave is opening for Kiss on their latest “farewell” tour which will be hitting DTE Energy Music Theatre on September 11th. Keep it tuned to WRIF for your chance to win tix and learn more here https://wrif.com/event/kiss2020/. What singers have disappointed you live? Text me at 4WRIF. Check out this brutal video of Dave in Vegas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcQ6GPFKV84.
- A woman in Poland went blind after getting her eyeballs dyed black like her favorite rapper. She went to a tattoo artist to have the whites of her eyes colored black like a Polish rapper named Popek who had a similar procedure done. But the tattoo artist made the mistake of using body ink which is meant for the skin, not the eyes. Could you imagine a more painful place on your body to get tattooed? What’s the most panful place you got a tattoo? Text me at 4WRIF and check out the full story including pics here https://wrif.com/2020/02/29/woman-goes-blind-trying-to-have-her-eyeballs-dyed-black/.
- Filmmaker/photographer Spike Jonez is releasing a photo book that focuses on his longtime collaboration and friendship with The Beastie Boys. These exclusive pics include the first day he met the trio, studio shots of the recording of the album “Ill Communication”, onstage at Lollapalooza ’94, wig-shopping in Los Angeles for the “Sabotage” video shoot and more. Each photograph is captioned with Jonze’s own words and recollections about The Beastie Boys. Surviving members Ad-Rock and Mike D both contribute text to the book titled “Beastie Boys” which comes out March 17th.
- Worried about the Coronavirus effecting your drugs? Police Departments all over the country are willing to help by offering to test your meth for free. Bring your meth to your local cop shop and they’ll test it “within minutes”. Police in Johnson City, Texas are even offering to make house calls for people who “want to keep their meth in the privacy of their own home.” What could go wrong??