(Photo by Dan Kitwood/Getty Images)

A Manhole Cover Explodes After a Kid Gets Too Close with Fireworks

Surveillance cam in China filmed a kid holding sparklers right over the vent of a manhole cover, which is a terrible idea because the sewer was filled with methane. 

When the sparks came in contact with the methane the manhole EXPLODED, sending the cover and some of the sidewalk into the air.  Fortunately, the kid ran away just in time and nobody was hurt.

Manhole explodes after boy tries to put lit fireworks through the cover

Manhole explodes after boy tries to put lit fireworks through the cover http://swarife.com/6XXV A manhole exploded after a boy put lit fireworks over the seal, igniting trapped methane from the sewer in a city in northern China.