A woman suffered for 17 days with discomfort in her throat after doctors finally figured out what her issue was.
The woman had unknowingly swallowed a packet of pain pills still in the original foil packet in the middle of the night. The doctors in the ER ran tests and could not find any issues. She returned for further treatments when the situation didn't improve. Finally almost three weeks later doctors discovered the pill package lodged in her throat.
A patient attended Craigavon Area Hospital and Belfast's RVH four times before a plastic pill pack, lodged in her throat, was discovered. The incident, involving a woman in her 40s who hasn't been names, is featured in a medical journal report.