Rock Star Costume Ideas: Keith Richards
Why dress like a character from a movie or a TV show when you can be Keith Richards, one of rock’s greatest characters and icons, for Halloween?
Keith doesn’t have a signature outfit, but he certainly has a signature style that he has perfected in his 50-plus years in the public eye. As much as we wanted to playfully list a series of pirate costumes as examples of how to dress like Keith, we think our checklist below will help you create the perfect Keith costume.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- The iconic “Who The F*ck Is Mick Jagger?” t-shirt. (A vintage touch to the entire outfit.)
- Statement Jacket/Blazer. (Either a bold solid color or bold print.)
- Scarf/bandanna wrapped around the head. (Like in the photo above.)
- Another scarf wrapped around your neck. (Don’t be afraid to mix patterns. Keith sure as hell isn’t.)
- Fedora-style hat (Optional)
- Black aviator sunglasses. (Optional, but it really ties the look together.)
- Skill Ring. (Like this one.)
- Assorted silver bracelets. (Optional, but encouraged.)
- Black Jeans.
- Black boots.
- Cigarettes. (Of course, if you don’t smoke, candy cigarettes are an acceptable, whimsical alternative.)
Erica Banas is a rock/classic rock blogger that loves the smell of old vinyl in the morning.