Tom Morello is dropping his new solo album The Atlas Underground on October 12, and in addition to it experimenting with blending multiple genres, it will also feature a tribute to former bandmate Chris Cornell.
In an interview with the Chicago Tribune, Morello said of his tribute, “For the song “Every Step That I Take” with Portugal.The Man and Whethan, a teenage EDM marvel, we’re partnering with an organization called SAVE (Suicide Awareness Voices of Education), focusing on suicide prevention, information and depression awareness…I’ve had mental illness issues in my family and among my friends in the past, and there’s a current trend toward this demystification to encourage people, among your friends, loved ones and professionals, there is help and there are ways…“Every Step That I Take” is about how the dreams, and depression, and love and the lack of it on the emotional steps of the gallows are processed…it’s just a beautiful song. One of my favorites on the record.”
The Atlas Underground is currently available for pre-order at TomMorello.com. A full track listing complete with featured artists is below.
Tom Morello – The Atlas Underground – Track Listing
- Battle Sirens (feat. Knife Party)
- Rabbit’s Revenge (feat. Bassnectar, Big Boi, and Killer Mike) [Explicit]
- Every Step That I Take (feat. Portugal. The Man and Whethan)
- We Don’t Need You (feat. Vic Mensa) [Explicit]
- Find Another Way (feat. Marcus Mumford)
- How Long (feat. Steve Aoki and Tim McIlrath)
- Lucky One (feat. K.Flay)
- One Nation (feat. Pretty Lights)
- Vigilante Nocturno (feat. Carl Restivo)
- Where It’s At Ain’t What It Is (feat. Gary Clark Jr. and Nico Stadi)
- Roadrunner (feat. Leikeli47)
- Lead Poisoning (feat. GZA, RZA, and Herobust) [Explicit]
Erica Banas is a rock/classic rock blogger that loves the smell of old vinyl in the morning.