Riff Rock Girl Search 2018
ALL EVENT DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. LISTEN TO WRIF OR VISIT WWW.WRIF.COM FOR UPDATES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THESE AUDITIONS, ALL CANDIDATES CONSENT TO THE USE OF THEIR IMAGE, PHOTOS, AND AUDIO OR VIDEO RECORDINGS.
These rules apply to the Riff Rock Girl Search 2018 Auditions being conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc. d/b/a 101 WRIF (“Station”).
- Only female residents of Metro Detroit, MI (Macomb, Oakland, Wayne, Washtenaw, Monroe, Livingston, Lenawee, Jackson, Hillsdale, St. Clair, Lapeer, and Genesee counties) who are 21 years of age or older as of February 1, 2018 and legal U.S. residents can participate in these auditions. Final Four Candidates, as described below, must possess a valid passport for international travel as further described below.
- Any person who, as of February 1, 2018, has any type of talent and/or management representation (e.g., a talent agent or manager), is under any type of professional performance contract (including but not limited to, a music recording contract, a talent contract, an acting contract), is under any type of exclusive contract to a modeling and/or promotional agency, and/or is party to any merchandising contract may be deemed INELIGIBLE to participate and subject to disqualification. This information must be disclosed on the Rock Girl application so that the Station can determine whether disqualification is necessary.
- Any person who has won or served in the position of “Riff Rock Girl” in the last ten (10) years is ineligible to participate.
- Employees of Beasley Media Group (“Company”) and any sponsors (Company and any other sponsors collectively, “Sponsors”), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of such employees (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings) and anyone else residing within the household of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter or to win.
- Station reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time in its sole discretion. Entrants who provide any false information on the application or otherwise in connection with the auditions, including (without limitation) with respect to employment history, background, or other credentials, may be immediately disqualified or, if already hired, immediately terminated.
- At any point in the audition process, candidates agree to submit to a criminal background check, reference check, and, if permitted by law, credit check. Candidates must not have any conflicting obligations, contractual or otherwise, that would interfere with their obligations if chosen to be the Riff Rock Girl. Upon request, candidates must provide satisfactory references and proof of identification and work authorization as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, as amended.
- If selected as the Riff Rock Girl and offered the opportunity to be an employee in association with the Station, the candidate may be required to enter into an employment agreement as described in the section below. Refusal to enter into such an agreement may result in the candidate’s disqualification.
- If the candidate selected as the Riff Rock Girl is deemed ineligible, elects not to enter into the employment agreement as described in the section below, or is deemed unsuitable by Station management, Station may select an alternative Riff Rock Girl, but is not obligated to do so.
HOW TO APPLY AND AUDITION:
- Potential candidates may apply online beginning on February 2, 2018 at 1:00PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on March 19, 2018 at 2:00PM Eastern Time (“ET”) online as follows:
- To apply online, visit wrif.com/rockgirl2018 and complete the audition form consisting of first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address, as well as any other required information. Limit one internet application per person and one internet application per email address. Internet application will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of application. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Online entries must include a photo of the applicant (.jpg format; 25MB maximum size). Candidate must be the only person visible in the photo. Nudity is not permitted in photo. The Station, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify and/or destroy any photo if or when it is discovered that such photo contains infringing, illegal, indecent or otherwise offensive material or if such photo contains material whose content is deemed at the sole discretion of the Station to be unsuitable for public viewing, performance or posting via the Internet. Each candidate’s photo must be his/her original creative work and/or property and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials, which may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by federal, state or local laws.
- Should a candidate fail to comply with any of these guidelines or fail to appear for an audition, as described below, on such date(s) and time(s) as established by the Station, then such candidate shall be disqualified.
- Candidates will be required to attend one (1) of three (3) scheduled official auditions between March 9, 2018 and March 21, 2018 in the Metro Detroit, MI area. The Station reserves the right, but no obligation, to hold additional auditions.
- Pre-registered candidates will be scheduled by the Station to attend one (1) of three (3) auditions, assuming they meet all requirements to participate in the Riff Rock Girl Search. All pre-registered candidates will be contacted a minimum of two (2) business days prior to the audition to be informed of arrival times and procedures. Auditions will also be open to the public to attend and apply for the Riff Rock Girl Search onsite the day of the audition. At the auditions, candidates will be required to complete an application and provide a headshot (if not already pre-registered), sign a participation release form, be photographed, conduct an interview with Station staff members, and read a “mock” on air report. Candidates may also be recorded, photographed and/or videotaped at the audition. All applications and audition photos/videos will become the property of Station and will not be acknowledged, returned, or otherwise provided to the candidates.
- Auditions will take place on a first-come / first-served basis regardless of whether a candidate has already pre-registered. The Station reserves the right to close the registration process before the event ends (but continue the auditions) if it appears that it will not have time to audition everyone in line. Any candidate who has pre-registered and arrives on their scheduled audition date before the end time will be permitted to audition. Auditions will continue, time permitting, until terminated by the Station.
- As part of the on-site audition, candidates will be judged based on their personality, presentation, and speaking ability. Judging of candidates at the auditions will be by representatives of the Station in their sole discretion. Judges will grade all of the candidates at the auditions based on the judging criteria listed below and select the candidates who will be deemed “Round 1 Semi-Finalists” move on to the “Round 1 Semi-Final Round.”
- Candidates will be graded as follows (percentages are approximate): 35% Personality, 40% Presentation, and 25% Speaking ability.
- Regardless, candidates must have authorization to provide photos to the Station for display on its website and social media pages as provided below. If a candidate does not have this authorization and is selected as a semi-finalist, she must inform the Station so that another photo can be taken for posting on the website and/or social media page(s).
- At the conclusion of the three (3) auditions, a minimum of twenty (20) and a maximum of twenty-five (25), candidates will be chosen as semi-finalists to continue in the audition process by participating in the semi-final rounds. In addition to the candidates chosen to continue to the semi-finals, the Station may select up to four (4) alternates who may be allowed to continue at the discretion of the Station.
Round 1 Voting
Up to twenty (20) to twenty-five (25) candidates will be selected as described above for Round 1 of voting. A photo of each candidate (selected by the Station) will then be placed in random order on a webpage available online at www.wrif.com beginning on Monday, April 2, 2018 at approximately 10:00AM ET and ending on Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 11:59 pm ET. Listeners will be able go online at www.wrif.com or text in to vote to 4WRIF(9743) for their favorite candidate that want to move on to Round 2 of the Semi-Finals. During this round of voting, the candidates will make several appearances throughout Metro Detroit during the “Riff Rock Girl Bus Tour” as requested by the Station. Candidates may also be required to participate in on-line and on-air interviews during the Round 1. The eight (8) candidates who receive the top number of votes will move on to Round 2 of voting. In case of a tie, the Station will selecte a candidate to move onto Round 2 in their sole and absolute discretion.
Round 2 Voting
Up to eight (8) candidates will be selected as described above for Round 2 of voting. Photos of each candidate (selected by the Station) will then be placed in random order on the WRIF Rock Girl webpage beginning on Monday, April 16, 2018 at approximately 10:00AM ET and ending on Sunday, April 29, 2018 at 11:59pm ET. Listeners will be able go online at www.wrif.com or text in to vote to 4WRIF(9743) for their favorite candidate that want to move on to Round 3 of the Semi-Finals. Candidates may also be required to participate in on-line and on-air interviews during the Round 2. Up to four (4) candidates (“Final Four Candidates”) will move on to Round 3 of voting as follows:
The Final Four Candidates will be selected based on their performance in the below areas, as determined by WRIF Staff and Management, as well as by the voting totals in Round 2 from the WRIF listeners. Final determination of the Final Four Candidates will be determined as follows (percentages are approximate):
- Round 2 Voting Results = 30%
- Review and Recording of an Entertainment Report with a WRIF Production Member = 25%
- Recording of a “Rock Girl Video Update Blog” with WRIF Video Team = 25%
- Performance, Presentation, and Attendance Record at Rock Girl Appearances in Rounds 1 and 2 of Voting = 20%
Round 3 Voting/Flyaway
Photos of each Final Four Candidate (selected by the Station) will then be placed in random order on the WRIF Rock Girl webpage beginning on Monday, April 30, 2018 at approximately10:00am ET and ending on Thursday, May 29, 2018 at 11:59 pm ET. Listeners will be able to go online or text in to vote for their favorite candidate. During this round of voting, the Final Four Candidates will make several appearances throughout Metro Detroit during the “Riff Rock Girl Bus Tour” as well as participating in the Rock Girl Photoshoot Flyaway (tentative dates are May 6-11, 2018), and in the Rock Girl Finals Party on May 30, 2018. Date(s) of Photoshoot Flyaway and Finals Party are subject to change. Location of Photoshoot Flyaway and Finals Party are to be determined.
Each Final Four Candidate will participate in a destination photo shoot trip to an all-inclusive resort from May 6 to 11, 2018 (time, date, and location are to be determined and subject to change if needed by the Station). Expenses to be paid by the Station include four (4) nights’ hotel accommodations for each candidate (one room, double occupancy), round trip coach airfare from DTW, all meals, drinks and snacks on the resort property, and ground transportation to and from the resort. Candidates must possess a valid passport for international travel. Each candidate is responsible for all additional expenses not expressly listed above, including but not limited to baggage fees; meals, drinks, activities and transportation off the resort; ground transportation and parking in Detroit; as well as phone and room service charges. If a Final Four Candidate cannot take the trip on the stated dates, she will not be eligible to be a Final Four Candidate. If any Final Four Candidate is unable to take the trip for any reason, an alternate will be selected by the judges to continue to compete with the Final Four Candidates for the Riff Rock Girl title. Final Four Candidates will be accompanied by Station personnel and will be required to participate in three or more photo and video shoots while on the trip.
All candidates will be required to attend specified Station events, including but not limited to photo shoots, on-air interviews, meetings, etc. Candidates will also be required to participate in Station appearances during all rounds of voting. Candidates are not required to attend each and every appearance, but repeated failure to appear at station functions at the instructed time or failure to appear after committing to attend can result in the candidate being disqualified. The Station will give at least 24 hours’ notice for each event. Round 1 Semi-Finalists and Round 2 Semi-Finalists will be required to attend a minimum of 75% of the “Rock Girl Bus Tour” appearances per round. Failure to attend 75% of the appearances will be taken into consideration when determining The Final Four Finalists, and the selected Riff Rock Girl, (unless a reasonable excuse is provided for missing appearances and an exemption is provided by the Station; providing an exemption is at the sole discretion of the Station).
All auditions may be audio- and video-recorded by the Station and such recordings shall be the sole and exclusive property of the Station and may be broadcast on-air and used for promotional and advertising purposes without further permission or compensation. All photos submitted by candidates or taken at events may be posted on the Station and/or Sponsor(s) website and related social media pages.
The Final Four Candidates will be presented at the “Rock Girl Finals Party” event on May 30, 2018 and will compete that evening for the prize of “Riff Rock Girl”. Throughout the event, the Final Four Candidates will participate in verbal interviews onstage and engage in talent competitions. A minimum of three (3) Station-selected judges, along with Station management, will make the final decision on who will be the next Riff Rock Girl, taking into consideration the voting tallies from Round 3 of voting, overall performance throughout the auditions, and the performance at the Final Party. The judges’ decisions are final and may not be negotiated. The judges may also select a “Runner-Up”, should the first selected Riff Rock Girl forfeit or be disqualified for any reason, or should she not be willing or able to complete the requirements as stated in the Rock Girl employment agreement.
- The candidate selected in the Final Round of the Auditions (the Potential “Riff Rock Girl”) may be offered the opportunity to be a part-time Entertainment Reporter for the Station (to include but not limited to recording daily on air reports, writing weekly email blasts, maintaining “Rock Girl” social media pages, and appearing at station events), and in such case will be provided the opportunity to enter into a written employment agreement with Station (the “Agreement”) on terms and conditions as shall be determined by Station, in its sole discretion. The Agreement shall provide for Station’s right, but not obligation, to use the Potential Riff Rock Girl’s services to appear at Station events (including weekends) as Station may from time to time designate. The Potential Riff Rock Girl will receive an annualized salary of $40,000 to be paid in equal amounts bi-monthly from May 2018-May 2019 (subject to authorized payroll deductions and withholding taxes). So long as the Agreement is not terminated for cause by Station, Station shall be obligated to pay the Potential Riff Rock Girl the annualized salary (less any deductions or taxes required by law) regardless of whether Station elects to use the Potential Riff Rock Girl’s services.
- The Potential Riff Rock Girl will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the Agreement and being selected as the Potential Riff Rock Girl. The Potential Riff Rock Girl will be responsible for following all of Station’s guidelines and other Station policies as directed by Station management. Selection as a Potential Riff Rock Girl in no way guarantees future employment.
- The Potential Riff Rock Girl shall not have the right to substitute the opportunity to enter into the Agreement for any other item of value or for the cash equivalent and shall not have the right to transfer or assign the Agreement to any other individual or entity. The Potential Riff Rock Girl shall not be entitled to anything other than the annualized salary and except as expressly specified, shall not be reimbursed in connection with any taxes or expenses associated with being selected as the Potential Riff Rock Girl and/or entering into the Agreement. Other restrictions may apply.
- Potential Riff Rock Girl must be available to participate in Station activities as required and assigned by programming and promotions departments, and be willing to travel around the Metro Detroit area and to other destinations. Potential Riff Rock Girl must be available to participate in Station activities during non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends. Potential Riff Rock Girl will be expected to appear at different venues and types of promotions including but not limited to concerts, bars, nightclubs, retail locations and more. The Potential Riff Rock Girl will be expected to dress in appropriate apparel for Station events.
GENERAL VOTING RULES:
- For all rounds of voting, listeners will be able go online to vote for their favorite candidate. Listeners must be a member of the WRIF Cyber-Crew to vote; limit one vote per member per round of voting. Listeners may also vote for their favorite candidate via Text Message Voting (limit one vote per phone number per round of voting) as instructed on the webpage. Message and data rates may apply. Listeners may receive one or more bounce back informational text messages in response to their vote. In each round, each listener is limited to one vote total per voting method.
- The Station disclaims any liability for ‘server errors’ or other online or cellular access problems during the voting periods. The Station reserves the right to extend the online voting period(s) if technical difficulties should arise. The Station will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the online voting is fair to each candidate and that the integrity of the system is maintained. However, if, for any reason, the online voting is not capable of being conducted as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of the Station, Station reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the online voting and/or determine an alternate method of selecting the semi-finalists. Candidates may be disqualified if Station determines that they or their supporters have engaged in any fraudulent voting or other improper conduct relating to the audition and voting process.