Riff Rock Girl Search 2017
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
These rules apply to the Riff Rock Girl Search 2017 (“Contest”) being conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc. d/b/a 101 WRIF (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted on the Station’s website may apply to this contest.
101 WRIF (Station) will be conducting a contest to find one person to be the Riff Rock Girl” who will represent the Station at promotions, events and on the air from May 2017 to May 2018. The person who is selected will become a part-time Station employee with an annualized salary of $40,000.
- HOW TO ENTER AND COMPETE
- The Riff Rock Girl Search will take place from 1/23/17 to approximately 5/24/17. ALL EVENT DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. LISTEN TO WRIF OR VISIT WWW.WRIF.COM FOR UPDATES.
- WHO CAN ENTER:
Only female residents of Metro Detroit, MI (Macomb, Oakland, Wayne, Washtenaw, Monroe, Livingston, Lenawee, Jackson, Hillsdale, St. Clair, Lapeer, and Genesee counties) who are 21 years of age or older as of March 16, 2017 and legal U.S. residents can participate in this contest. Final Four Finalists must possess a valid passport for international travel as further described below.
Any person who, as of March 16, 2017, has any type of talent and/or management representation (e.g., a talent agent or manager), is under any type of professional performance contract (including but not limited to, a music recording contract, a talent contract, an acting contract), is under any type of exclusive contract to a modeling and/or promotional agency, and/or is party to any merchandising contract may be deemed INELIGIBLE to participate in the contest and subject to disqualification. This information must be disclosed on the Rock Girl application so that WRIF can determine whether disqualification is necessary.
Any person who has won or served in the position of “Riff Rock Girl” in the last 10 years is ineligible to participate.
Employees of Beasley Media Group (“Company”) and any contest sponsors (Company and any other sponsors collectively, “Sponsors”), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of such employees (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings) and anyone else residing within the household of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter or to win.
WRIF-FM reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time in its sole discretion. Entrants who provide any false information on the application or otherwise in connection with the contest, including (without limitation) with respect to employment history, background, or other credentials, may be immediately disqualified or, if already hired, immediately terminated.
- THE CONTEST WILL BE CONDUCTED AS FOLLOWS:
In order to participate, you must attend one of three (3) scheduled official auditions between March 1 and March 16, 2017. Potential candidates will be able to pre-register, either by filling out and submitting the online web form located at www.wrif.com/rockgirl2017; or by filling out the downloadable application and submitting it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Online and email entries must include a photo of the applicant (.jpg format; 1MB maximum size). Potential candidates may also pre-register by printing the application, filling it out, and mailing or dropping off the application along with the required photo to:
Attn: Rock Girl Search
One Radio Plaza
Ferndale, MI 48220
Pre-registered applicants will be scheduled to attend one of the three auditions, assuming they meet all requirements to participate in the Riff Rock Girl Contest. All pre-registered applicants will be contacted a minimum of 3 to 5 business days prior to the audition to be informed of arrival times and procedures. Auditions will also be open to the public to attend and apply for the Riff Rock Girl Search onsite the day of the audition. At the auditions, participants will be required to complete an application (if not already pre-registered), sign a participation release form, be photographed, conduct an interview with 101 WRIF station staff members, and read a “mock” on air report. Participants may also be recorded, photographed and/or videotaped at the audition. All contest applications and audition photos/videos will become the property of Station and will not be acknowledged, returned, or otherwise provided to the participants.
The Station reserves the right to hold additional auditions. Listen to 101 WRIF or visit our website at www.wrif.com for further details on all audition dates, times, and locations.
Participants must provide a valid form of picture ID and a headshot (need not be professional) when registering. Participants must have authorization to provide photos to WRIF for display on its website and social media pages as provided below. If a participant does not have this authorization and is selected as a semi-finalist, she must inform WRIF so that another photo can be taken for posting on the website and/or social media page(s).
Auditions will take place on a first-come / first-served basis regardless of whether applicant has already pre-registered. WRIF reserves the right to close the registration process before the event ends (but continue the auditions) if it appears that it will not have time to audition everyone in line. Anyone who has pre-registered and arrives before the end time for the event will be allowed to audition. Auditions will continue, time permitting, until terminated by the Station.
Participants will be judged based on their personality, presentation, and speaking ability. Judging of participants at the auditions will be by representatives of the Station in their sole discretion. Judges will grade all of the participants at the auditions and select the participants who will compete in the semi-final rounds. Alternates may be chosen in case any of the semi-finalists are not able to continue participating in the contest.
Participants will be graded as follows (percentages are approximate)
25% Speaking ability
The decisions of the judges are final and can NOT be negotiated.
The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address in order to pre-register.
The Station and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the Station, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by the specific contest rules, and the General Contest Rules appearing above.
To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form, as well as any other required information. Limit one Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
Nudity is not permitted in photo entries. The Station, at its sole discretion, reserves
the right to disqualify and/or destroy any entry if or when it is discovered that such entry contains infringing, illegal, indecent or otherwise offensive material or if such entry contains material whose content is deemed at the sole discretion of the Station to be unsuitable for public viewing, performance or posting via the Internet.
Each contestant’s photo entry must be his/her original creative work and/or property and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials, which may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by Federal, state or local laws. Contestants are required to obtain a written release from all individuals appearing in the photo which grants the Station the right to use their name, likeness and recorded voice and the right to post the photo on Station’s website for the general public to view. Each contestant agrees to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and/or contest, including but not limited to an infringement or alleged infringement of any intellectual property, publicity or privacy right, or violation of any law or regulation, involving the photo entry.
Should a participant fail to comply with any of the official rules or fail to appear for the competition or photograph sessions on such date(s) and time(s) as established by WRIF-FM, then such participant shall be disqualified.
Participants agree to submit to a criminal background check (after Contestants have been selected), reference check, and, if permitted by law, credit check. Participants must not have any conflicting obligations, contractual or otherwise, that would interfere with their obligations if chosen to be the Riff Rock Girl. Winner must provide satisfactory references and proof of identification and work authorization as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, as amended.
At the conclusion of the three (3) auditions, a minimum of Twenty (20) and a maximum of Twenty-Five (25) participants will be chosen as semi-finalists to continue in the contest by participating in the semi-final rounds. In addition to the participants chosen to continue to the semi-finals, the Station may select up to four (4) alternates who may be allowed to continue in the contest at the discretion of the Station.
- SEMIFINAL ROUNDS
Round 1 Voting
Twenty (20) to Twenty-Five (25) contestants will be selected for Round 1 of Voting. The contestants’ photos will then be placed in random order on a webpage available online at www.wrif.com starting Friday, March 31, 2017 through 11:59 pm (ET) on Sunday, April 16, 2017. Listeners will be able go online at www.wrif.com or text in to vote to 4WRIF(9743) for their favorite contestant to reduce the contestant pool to up to eight (8) semi-finalist contestants. During this round of voting, the contestants will make several appearances throughout Metro Detroit during the “Riff Rock Girl Bus Tour”. Contestants may also be required to participate in on-line and on-air interviews during the Round of Voting.
Round 2 Voting
Up to eight (8) semi-finalist contestants will qualify for Round 2 of Voting. The semi-finalists will be placed in random order on the WRIF Rock Girl webpage starting Monday, April 17, 2017 through 11:59pm (ET) on Sunday, April 30, 2017. Listeners will be able to go online or text in to vote for their favorite contestant to reduce the semi-finalist pool to Four (4) Finalist contestants. Semi-finalists will be required to make several appearances during the Second Round of Voting. Semi-finalists may also be required to participate in on-line and on-air interviews during the Third Round of Voting.
The Final Four Contestants will be determined by a combination of the number of votes that they receive during Round 2 of the Voting and their performance in the following areas to take place during Round 2 Voting:
- Review and Recording of an Entertainment Report with a WRIF Production Member
- Recording of a “Rock Girl Video Update Blog” with WRIF Video Team
- Performance, Presentation, and Attendance Record at Rock Girl Appearances in Rounds 1 and 2 of Voting
The final “Fabulous Four” contestants will be selected based on their performance in the above areas, as determined by WRIF Staff and Management, as well as by the voting totals in Round 2 of Voting from the WRIF Listeners through online and text in voting. Final Determination of the Fabulous Four will be determined as follows (percentages are approximate):
- Round 3 Voting Results = 30%
- Performance in the recording of an “Entertainment Report” = 25%
- Performance in recording of Rock Girl VideoUpdate = 25%
- Performance/Presentation/Attendance Record at Appearances = 20%
Round 3 Voting
The Finalist contestants will be placed in random order on the WRIF Rock Girl webpage starting at approximately 10:00am (ET) on Monday, May 1, 2017 through 11:59 pm (ET) on Tuesday, May 23, 2017. Listeners will be able to go online or text in to vote for their favorite contestant. During this round of voting, the finalists will make several appearances throughout Metro Detroit during the “Riff Rock Girl Bus Tour” as well as participating in the Rock Girl Photoshoot Flyaway (May 8-12, 2017 in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico), and in the Rock Girl Finals Party on/about May 24, 2017 at St. Andrews Hall in Detroit. Date and location of Finals Party subject to change.
- General Voting Rules
For all rounds of voting, listeners will be able go online to vote for their favorite contestant. Listeners must be a member of the WRIF Cyber-Crew to vote; limit one vote per member per round of voting. Listeners may also vote for their favorite contestant via Text Message Voting (limit one vote per phone number per round of voting) as instructed on the contest webpage. Message and data rates may apply. Listeners may receive one or more bounce back informational text messages in response to their vote. In each round, each listener is limited to one vote total per voting method. Register to become a Cybercrew Member at www.wrif.com. Membership is free.
WRIF-FM disclaims any liability for ‘server errors’ or other online or cellular access problems during the voting periods. WRIF-FM reserves the right to extend the online voting period(s) if technical difficulties should arise. WRIF-FM will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the online voting is fair to each contestant and that the integrity of the system is maintained. However, if, for any reason, the online voting is not capable of being conducted as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of WRIF, Station reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the online voting and/or determine an alternate method of selecting the semi-finalists. Contestants may be disqualified if Station determines that they or their supporters have engaged in any fraudulent voting or other improper conduct relating to the contest.
- SEMIFINALIST RESPONSIBILITIES
All contestants will be required to attend specified station events, including but not limited to Photo shoots, on-air interviews, meetings, etc. Contestants will also be required to participate in station appearances during all rounds of voting. Contestants are not required to attend each and every appearance, but repeated failure to appear at station functions at the instructed time or failure to appear after committing to attend can result in the contestant being disqualified. The station will give at least 24 hours’ notice for each event. Round 1 Contestants and Round 2 Semi-Finalists will be required to attend a minimum of 75% of the “Rock Girl Bus Tour” appearances per round. Failure to attend 75% of the appearances will be taken into consideration when determining The Final Four Finalists, and the Grand Prize Winner, (unless a reasonable excuse is provided for missing appearances and an exemption is provided by the Station; providing an exemption is at the sole discretion of the Station).
In the event of a tie during any round, Station management will decide who will move on in the contest, in its sole discretion. If the winner of the tie-breaker cannot be reached by phone within one (1) business day then she will be disqualified and the other contestant with the same score will remain in the contest. Station Management also reserves the right to advance both contestants at its sole discretion.
All auditions may be audio- and video-recorded by the Station and such recordings shall be the sole and exclusive property of the Station and may be broadcast on-air and used for promotional and advertising purposes without further permission or compensation. All photos submitted by entrants or taken at Rock Girl events may be posted on the WRIF and/or Sponsor(s) website and related social media pages. By participating in the contest, all entrants consent to these uses of their image, photos, and audio or video recordings.
Station management shall decide all matters relating to the contest and the interpretation of contest rules. The decisions of Station management shall be final. Entry in the contest constitutes agreement by all contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Station and communicated to the participants, and permission for Sponsors to post entrants’ photos, record their auditions, and use such materials for promotional and advertising purposes.
- FINALIST ADDITIONAL CONTEST REQUIREMENTS
Each finalist will participate in a destination photo shoot trip from May 8 to 12, 2017 in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico (time, date, and location are to be determined and subject to change if needed by WRIF). Expenses to be paid by WRIF include four (4) nights’ hotel accommodations for each finalist (one room, double occupancy) at the The Blue Bay Esmeralda in Playa Del Carmen Mexico, round trip coach airfare from DTW, all meals, drinks and snacks on the resort property, and ground transportation to and from the resort. Finalists must possess a valid passport for international travel. The finalist is responsible for all additional expenses not expressly listed above, including but not limited to baggage fees; meals, drinks, activities and transportation off the resort; ground transportation and parking in Detroit; as well as phone and room service charges. If finalist cannot take the trip on the stated dates, she will not be eligible to be a finalist. If any finalist is unable to take the trip for any reason, an alternate will be selected by the judges to continue to compete with the Final Four Finalists for the Riff Rock Girl title. Finalists will be accompanied by WRIF personnel and will be required to participate in three or more photo and video shoots while on the trip.
All of the finalists must appear at the “Rock Girl Finals” party on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 to be eligible for selection as the WRIF Rock Girl. Date and Location are subject to change.
- FINALS PARTY
The four (4) finalists will be presented at the “Rock Girl Finals Party” event on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 (St Andrews Hall, Detroit) and will compete that evening for the prize of “Riff Rock Girl”. Throughout the event, the finalists will participate in a verbal interview and trivia competitions, and engage in talent competitions. A minimum of three station-selected judges, along with Station management, will make the final decision on who will be the winner of the competition, taking into consideration the voting tallies from the final round of voting, overall performance throughout the program, and the performance at the Final Party. The judges’ decisions are final and may not be negotiated. The judges may also select a “Runner-Up”, should the winner forfeit or be disqualified for any reason, or should she not be willing or able to complete the requirements as stated in the Rock Girl contract.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 21 years of age or older as of March 16, 2017, and who are legal US residents and reside Metro Detroit, MI (Macomb, Oakland, Wayne, Washtenaw, Monroe, Livingston, Lenawee, Jackson, Hillsdale, St. Clair, Lapeer, and Genesee counties). Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Employees of the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Detroit metropolitan survey area (as defined by Nielsen Audio) and the members of their immediate families and households are ineligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws.”
Only one (1) contestant will win the contest. Subject to satisfactory completion of a thorough background check, the winner will become a part-time employee of the Station. Winner must enter into an employment contract with the Station, which will outline the obligations owed to the Station by virtue of being the WRIF Rock Girl. The one (1) winner will receive an annualized salary of $40,000 to be paid in equal amounts bi-monthly from May 2017-May 2018 (subject to authorized payroll deductions and withholding taxes). The Station shall have the absolute right, without incurring any liability to the winner, to terminate the contract if the winner does not comply with the terms of the contract or otherwise violates company policy as set forth in the employee handbook, a copy of which will be provided to the winner upon commencement of her employment with WRIF.
Winner must be available to participate in station activities as required and assigned by programming and promotions, and be willing to travel around the Metro Detroit area and to other destinations. Winner must be available to participate in Station activities during non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends. Winner will be expected to appear at different venues and types of promotions including but not limited to concerts, bars, nightclubs, retail locations and more. The winner will be expected to dress in appropriate apparel for Station events. No prize substitution or cash redemption will be awarded.
- a. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
- Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of receiving a prize.
- By participating in the Contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in any medium, without additional financial or other compensation.
- By participating in the contest, each participant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
- Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required, in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release as instructed by the Station or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection in the Station’s sole discretion. Pursuant to the liability release, winners agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. If any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) refuses to sign any required release, any and all prizes will be forfeited.
- The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
- The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and publication at www.wrif.com.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the Contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
- Prizes are awarded “AS IS, WHERE IS” with no guarantees or warranties as to use, safety, or performance. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); or (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
- By participating in this Contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the Contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
- o. Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from contestants under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Any materials submitted become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
- No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and, if required by applicable law, a list of all winners are available for 60 days after the Contest concludes, during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, One Radio Plaza, Ferndale MI 48220, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
- For register-to-win contests, the odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
For Texting Voting:
- By voting for contestants in the Riff Rock Girl Search, voters understand, acknowledge and agree that no purchase is necessary to participate in any text-to-win contest or to subscribe to any text club, and that texts sent by the Station are sent using an automated telephone dialing system. By initiating a text message to the Station in this contest, participants also expressly consent to the receipt of a reply message confirming entry and notification via text if the entrant is selected as a winner. Participants also understand, acknowledge and agree that reply messages from the Station may contain advertising and marketing messages, which support this free service.
- Message and data rates may be charged by wireless carriers for text entries and Contest-related communications. The Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by participants for this method of entry.
- c. Entrants to this contest do not provide detailed personal information at the time of entry given the limitations of the text message format, but must provide all requested information if selected as the winner(s), including first name and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number (if required by law and federal tax reporting requirements), and verification of identity (such as a valid government-issued ID).
- All entrants must follow the “call to action” entry instructions and submit any requested information. If an entrant changes his/her mind regarding subscription to a text club, he/she must text the word “STOP” to the designated short code upon receipt of the confirmation message. Entrants may opt-out of a text club at any time.
- Text message and any mobile device entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the mobile account submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same text or mobile telephone number. Only text messages individually generated by wireless devices such as cellular or smart telephones and blackberries will be accepted; use of any device to automate entry is prohibited and will be cause for disqualification. Proof of submission of an entry from the entrant shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the Station. The contest administrator’s telephone system or text platform is the official time keeping device for the contest.
- The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure, service interruptions, carrier or server delays or failures. The Station is not responsible for mis-sent, misdirected, or undeliverable text entries, and votes cannot be recalled once sent.
for online VOTING:
- The use of automatic voting program(s) and/or website(s), or any fraud or other illegal or inappropriate conduct on the part of a contestant or on a contestant’s behalf, is prohibited and may result in the contestant’s disqualification and forfeiture of any prize won, as well as nullifying all votes from these programs/websites. Penalty will be determined in the sole decision of the judge(s).