Harley Davidson is a brand that is almost synonymous with America at this point. The brand saw it's way thru the great depression, wars and much more throughout it's long history. All that you knew... here are 7 quick facts about Harley Davidson you probably didn't know!
- 1947 marked the first year Harley Davidson sold it's first iconic black leather motorcycle jackets.
- The first Harley Davidson carburetor was fashioned from a tomato can!
- In 1906 when H.D. moved to their first premises, that turned out to be the property of a railroad. After finding out about the mistake 10 employees carried the 28ft by 80ft to it's proper location.
- In 1940, Dot Robinson founded the female motorcyclist club the Motor Maids. She racked up an incredible 1.5 million miles during her life on 35 different Harleys. She is dubbed the First Lady of Motorcycling.
- In 1908 the first police officers in America were using Harley Davidson... the first city? DETROIT!
- 1990 saw the release of the FLSTF Fat Boy, sales that year were incredible due to that model being featured as Arnold Schwarzeneggar's ride in 'Terminator 2.'
- In the 1920's, the official Harley Davidson racing team DOMINATED. On their roster was a small pig teammate. This is where the term "hog" is believed to have originated.